Uh oh, be careful guys! The Malaysian Meteorological Department has warned that there will be thunderstorms today (October 14th) that will be affecting most of Peninsular Malaysia and parts of East Malaysia as well. In case you didn’t notice, it has been raining cats and dogs for the past one hour at least and the rain shows no sign of stopping.
In a recently published Facebook post, they said that the thunderstorms are expected to last until 7pm. Meanwhile for Mersing and Kota Tinggi in Johor, the thunderstorms are expected to stop by 6pm.
Some of the areas affected include:
- Kelantan (Pasir Mas, Jeli, Tanah Merah, Machang, Pasir Puteh and Kuala Krai)
- Terengganu (Besut and Setiu)
- Pahang (Cameron Highlands, Lipis, Raub, Jerantut, Maran, Bera, Pekan and Rompin)
- WP Kuala Lumpur
- WP Putrajaya
- Negeri Sembilan (Seremban, Port Dickson and Rembau)
- Johor (Tangkak, Segamat, Muar, Batu Pahat, Kluang, Pontian and Kualai
- Sarawak (Mukah, Kapit and Limbang)
- Sabah (Pedalaman, Pantai Barat, Tawau, Sandakan and Kudat)
With thunderstorms this bad, it is expected that roads will be especially congested during rush hour and some places might experience flash floods as well. The public is advised to be careful, and do check your route before leaving to ensure a safe journey home.
Stay safe everyone!